Almost by accident this week, I looked at our client list on our website. I’m sure it’s the same for many of us when we sometimes overlook the legacy of what we do and all the companies that have used our services over the years. As I glanced at the list, I was instantly flooded with recollections of 15 years of wonderful events, special challenges and thousands of smiling faces!
Here are my own quick selections alphabetically:
- A for American Eagle Tankers,with two trips to Texas and one to Malaysia that can never be forgotten
- B for Body Shop,for giving us an 1800-person conference audience with unsurpassed passion and engagement
- C for Center Parcs, for a never-to-be-forgotten weekend with the Teens with Cancer Trust
- D for Defence Internal Audit. As the Ministry of Defence rarely spends on teambuilding activities, this group was so shocked initially but we had a ball together
- E for Electronic Arts, which was our first ever overseas event and the biggest for many years, with over 1200 participants
- F for Fujitsu, which, to this day, was the quickest ice breaker ever, with 400 delegates learning to drum in ten minutes!
- G for GKR Karate Club. The world’s biggest Karate club gave our facilitators a run for their money with impromptu High Kicks and dazzling dive rolls throughout the events
- H for HSBC East. A series of amazing events with inspired leadership culminating in the gala dining room being themed as a jungle, with a voodoo witch doctor on hand and me in a gorilla suit
- I for Inland Revenue. Lisa got amazing feedback from this group
- J for John Lewis, which was one of our very first One Voice events. Clients particularly loved hearing about the backstage gossip from our professional vocal coach who works with many celebrities
- K for KPMG. As the final event in a year-long incentive programme, one of the drumming groups was sent off on safari around Africa
- L for Lloyds TSB Insurance, with a series of surprise boomwhacker events in London and Edinburgh to add a surprise to conferences
- M for Mars. With events in London, Strasbourg and Moscow, I will never forget the reaction from our Russian comrades, the bitter cold and our visit to the Kremlin
- N for NHS Neo-Natal. Only later, and after suffering a very personal loss, did I appreciate the gravitas of the environment we were privileged to be asked into
- O for Open University, where I was given a poignant but confidential piece of feedback that always stays with me. Sorry it’s a secret
- P for Pfizer. We had just finished a week of work at the Beverly Hills Hotel in Los Angeles and then flew to Boston for this memorable drumming event
- Q for Quintiles. After a very exuberant facilitation gesture…our facilitator Carl ripped his trousers in an unfixable way
- R for Royal Opera House. We continue to be asked back to be the opening attraction for the popular Day of Percussion
- S for Shell. Heading eastwards in Europe, we did some ground-breaking work in Hungary
- T for Tower Hamlets Council. People working hard in the public sector were so appreciative of their team building surprise
- U for Unilever, which was one of our very first events, so many years ago
- V for Velux Windows. We were very honoured to be asked to organise its 50th anniversary, and the Zulu dancers and drummers certainly had never been seen before in St Andrews, Scotland
- W for Winchester City Council. It’s not often you get to organise and lead 200 people playing in a junk orchestra parading through a major English city
- Y for Yorkshire Primary Care Trust. Coming back from lunch, participants were in for a very different afternoon session and they got stuck right into learning the Haka with our Maori leaders.
This is just a tiny selection of the companies that we have had the pleasure of working with, and we hope to work with many more over the next 15 years. You may have noticed that we are currently missing ‘x’ and ‘z’ on our list, so if your company starts with one of these letters, we would love to add you to the client list! In seriousness, whatever letter the name of your organisation starts with, you can be guaranteed of a unique and fun-filled event, indoors or outdoors!
For more information about our unique events, please Contact Us now.
Pages you may be interested in:
List of Clients | Blog Homepage | About Us | List of Our Events